Join us and our special guest speaker, Tim Rawlins, as we explore the challenges faced by todays' businesses.
Tim Rawlins, director at NCC group, was previously the Global Head (Rest of World) of the Corporate Security Department at Credit Suisse, where he managed an international team of senior security, intelligence and health and safety specialists. Before Credit Suisse, Tim was the first Operations Director at the O2 in London and was responsible for planning, building and running the Security, Transport and Logistics teams.
Tim has more than 25 years' of experience in security and intelligence and started his career working for the UK Government in a variety of roles liaising closely with the Police, Military and other agencies.
Businesses need to put both technological and legal measures in place to mitigate against the risk of cybercrime and data theft. That risk may come from both external threats, such as hackers, but also staff or former employees who may have a motive to access confidential information. Ex-employees may wish to access data to give their new firms a competitive advantage, while current staff may exploit security loopholes to commit fraud.
Any business can fall victim, from large multinationals to SMEs, but especially vulnerable are firms who have developed their IT systems and associated policies on an ad hoc basis.
It’s vital that businesses quickly access specialist legal and technical advice if a data breach or cyber security incident comes to light. It may be a case of damage limitation, but the sooner action is taken, the better.
This seminar is designed to explore the challenges faced by businesses and:
• Provide you with an understanding of the scale of the cyber problem
• Identify the threats your business faces both internally and externally
• Highlight the ways in which you can mitigate risk
• Offer solutions should the worst happen and you find your business has become a victim of Cyber Crime and Data Theft
The seminar will be delivered by:
• Chris Graham, head of Watson Burton law firm’s Commercial Litigation, Fraud and Employment team – and member of the Management Committee of the NE Fraud Forum
• Anthony Rance, Cyber Security and Data Theft expert solicitor and a member of Watson Burton’s Commercial Litigation, Fraud and Employment team
• Tim Rawlins, director at NCC Group, global experts in cyber security and risk mitigation who work alongside businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation.
Come along to our event and find out how to protect your business. If you have any queries please contact Simone Bulmer on 0345 901 2099 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Rawlins, director at NCC Group. Tim was previously the Global Head (Rest of World) of the Corporate Security Department at Credit Suisse, where he managed an international team of senior security, intelligence and health and safety specialists. Tim has more than 25 years' of experience in security and intelligence and started his career working for the UK Government in a variety of roles liaising closely with the police, military and other agencies.
1 St James' Gate
Newcastle upon Tyne